Autumn/Winter Essentials

7:37 AM

Hey guys! 

So we are having to say farewell to Summer (we'll see you next year!) and hello to Autumn and Winter! 

I have been writing this post for around a week now, so here are my Autumn/Winter Essentials!




Knitted Sweaters/Cardigans
These are a must have for me during Autumn/Winter! They keep you so warm and if they are oversized, they keep you warm AND snuggly! They are incredibly cosy to wear over a pair of leggings during Winter. These can be also be knitted cardigans which you can throw on top of a plain white top and pair with a scarf and some booties!

Coats
One of my favourite type of coats are trench coats! I just think they complete an Autumn/Winter outfit and still keep it simple! You can pair them with dresses, shirts, jeans, etc. These are also a must have too!
(not my photos)




Boots
I absolutely love wearing boots during Autumn and Winter, especially ankle boots! Make sure that when you buy boots, they flatter your legs. Some boots can make your legs look shorter if you're already short! Boots with heels (they don't have to be very big) can make your legs look longer than they are, mainly if they are worn right! 

(not my photos)




A Good Book
I love being able to sit in front of the fireplace and just being able to cosy up and read a book whilst watching the leaves fall from the trees or watching the snowflakes fall to the ground! I have a huge reading list which I definitely need to begin reading or finish reading!

Some books I am wanting to read are:
  • Dorothy Must Die - Danielle Paige
  • The Shunned House - H.P. Lovecraft
  • Cruel Beauty - Rosamund Hodge
  • Half Bad - Sally Green
  • The 5th Wave - Rick Yancey
  • The Raven - Edgar Allan Poe

Hot Drinks
This can vary from coffee, tea or hot chocolate! I love having hot chocolate during Autumn/Winter time, especially with a good book! You can have toppings such as whipped cream, sprinkles, mini marshmallows or even chocolate straws. There's so much to choose from! 

My favourite  that I have been absolutely loving recently is the Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate. 

It tastes incredible! 









Autumn/Winter Inspired Makeup
When someone asks me about Autumn/Winter makeup, I think of dark lips and dark/brown/neutral eye makeup which rosy red cheeks. You can experiment with so many different looks for Autumn/Winter!







Scarves/Belts/Bags
These definitely complete an outfit! The type of scarf you want for your outfit can be a thick woolly scarf or a thin scarf if you want to just drape it around your neck. There are so many to choose from! Belts are also the same, there are so many different shapes and sizes to choose from to wear with different kinds of dresses or outfits. You can pair them with knitted dresses, around the waist and and just wear them with some black tights and some boots!
When it comes to bags, I tend to go for browns and blacks, either canvas or tote bags. They can also add to your outfit.

Jewellery
I love wearing larger/chunky jewellery during Autumn/Winter time, whether it be bracelets, necklaces or rings. I prefer to stick to small studs or hoops for when it comes to earrings. Statement necklaces also look so nice with simple outfits and can add to it! 

(not my photos)







~

I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it! I may also do a Autumn/Winter Essentials #2 to include any bits which I may have forgotten to include on here!

Thank you for reading and have a lovely day!

~

Priti :) xo

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Great Post! All these tips were fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved this post :) especially the rings on the last picture..
    miainthewonderland17.blogspot.com anyways if you have ny time on your hands it would mean a world to me if you could check out my blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I read your blog and I love it! :)
      Thank you for reading!! :) x

      Delete

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images