Ultimate Skincare Favourites 2016 | Dirty Works, Castor Oil & More!

5:49 AM

So it's now coming to the end of the 2016 which is seriously just crazy to think about; can we just take the time to think about how fast this year actually has gone?! To end the year, I thought I would write about some of my skincare favourites because I was reading through the skincare routine I wrote at the start of 2016 and I have incorporated quite a few new products over the course of this year which have made such a positive impact on my skin as I have been breaking out a lot less than I used to and my skin just feels a lot more smoother and hydrated than it used to. So I thought, why not talk about the products I have been absolutely loving and are also now my holy grails in regards to skincare!

But before I get into all that, I would just like to say I hope everyone reading this has had a lovely Christmas and that the New Year of 2017 brings everyone so many blessings and positivity as well as new and amazing opportunities!

And now without further ado, let's get into my updated skincare favourites!

(click on image to zoom in)

*disclaimer: as I have always mentioned in previous posts, everybody has different skin types and a product that might work very well for me, may be something that you may not particularly like and vice versa. It has been a huge case of trial and error for me to find skincare products suited to my skin type!

~

 L'Oréal Pure Clay Masks
I have seen these face masks circulating quite a bit on Instagram and Pinterest near the beginning of this year and since I also heard an incredible amount of good reviews and positive feedback on the products, I just knew I had to try them out for myself and they are seriously one of the best clay face masks I've used for my skin. I bought the Pure Clay Glow Mask and the Pure Clay Detox Mask and I can seriously say that I could see quite a difference after the first application because my skin looked so much brighter and radiant compared to how dull it used to look in the past. Each mask has 10 applications depending on how much you used since you only need to apply a thin layer because it applies onto your skin so evenly. I use one of these masks every 1-2 weeks on Fridays depending on how my skin feels and which mask I feel would help my skin that day.

Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes
I have the hardest time finding makeup wipes which work well for my skin and apart from the Garnier Skin Naturals Micellar Extra-Gentle Cleansing Wipes, these Simple ones work really well. I have tried makeup wipes from brands such as Nivea and whenever I used those to take off eye makeup, I found that they left my eyes looked red and irritated as well as a burning sensation on the skin around my eyes so I definitely knew they were not suited for my skin. I spotted these in Boots and thought I would try them out and I really like them to take off any excess makeup off after I've taken it all off with the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water.

Dirty Works Creamy Cleanser
I had never heard of this brand until I spotted it in the Sainsburys in Leicester and I honestly have to say that the packaging is what made me buy it at first since it sort of reminded me of Soap & Glory, but when I used this creamy cleanser that night when I got home, I absolutely fell in love with how nice it made my skin feel! It did not feel the slightest bit harsh on my skin and if you like things that smell minty, then you will love this since it smells of a combination of Cucumber and Spearmint as well as it stating at the back that it has a 'fusion of Menthol, Peppermint and Spearmint Oils provides an instant cooling and refreshing experience to leave tired, dull complexions revitalised and squeaky clean'.

Dirty Works Eye Cream
This is another product I picked up at the same time when I bought the creamy cleanser. This is the Dirty Works Stop Puffy Eyes Eye Cream and on the box it states; 

'Targeted Eyecare to:
- Lift and Firm Eye Area
- Revive Tired, Puffy Eyes
- Brighten & Refresh
- Reduce Fine Lines'

Now I have quite dark under-eyes and sometimes they can be a bit puffy and when I saw this product saying that it helps to brighten dark circles, I had to try it out. I apply this product every morning and night and I apply literally the smallest amount since a little goes a long way and I feel like this product has definitely helped relieve the puffiness under my eyes and I can also kind of see the difference it has been making in terms of brightening my dark circles! I think later on in 2017 in probably February/March/April time, I will do a review on this as well as a before and after to compare the difference this product has made.

Dirty Works 8-in-1 Miracle Serum
This is also another product by Dirty Works which I have been using religiously since I bought it. I mainly use this because it states that it hydrates, brightens and evens skin tone, and I found that it seriously does all that! It's seriously an understatement to say how hydrated my skin feels after I apply it! I apply this first and leave it to be absorbed into my skin and then I apply my L'Oréal Triple Active Night Cream in the evenings and my skin feels incredible

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
Do I really need to say more on this product? I have used this product so much this year that I have probably gone through 3-4 bottles of this in 2016 because it is that good. I use this to take off all my makeup and then go into with the Simple Wipes to take off any remaining excess makeup and wash my face in cold water after. 

Castor Oil
A LITERAL HOLY GRAIL!!! This castor oil is seriously the key to thicker, fuller eyebrows and longer eyelashes, no joke!! I use this last every night with a disposable mascara brush that you can buy from Amazon here and I honestly saw a difference in my brows and eyelashes in probably I'd say 2-3 weeks of when I first started using this. I just brush the castor oil through my brows and eyelashes before I go to bed every night and if you do this consistently, you will see a huge difference depending on how fast your eyebrow hairs and eyelash hairs grow!!

I hope you enjoyed reading this and kind of got a little insight into some of my hugely favourite skincare products that I have been using this year and will continue to use! Be sure to let me know down in the comments if you have tried these products or if you have some skincare products which you absolutely love! 

Love, Priti xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images