Heatless Summer Waves/Curls!

2:58 AM

So summer is almost here and for some of you it has probably already started and a hairstyle that I have been loving recently is a beach waves/curls type hairstyle for summer. I think it is the perfect kind of hairstyle as it is messy, with curls and you aren't using any heat at all!


Keep reading and I will tell you how to get these messy waves/curls without heat!


What I Used:
1. You can do this on freshly washed hair which has been dried but still slightly damp, but make sure it is brushed through with no tangles, you don't want your fingers getting stuck and having to start again! I make sure my hair is damp, but not dripping to get these waves/curls

2. Section your hair into two; I have a middle parting so I follow my parting down the middle and tied one section with a hair band. Start at the top and I section the hair at the top into three. When I want this hairstyle, I mainly do a Dutch french braid. 

3. Begin a normal braid as you would with the three strands of hair, however, as you go down, be sure to take small sections of hair into the braid. E.g. if you are crossing the right strand of hair, take a small strand of hair from the right section. 

4.Carry this on until you reach the end of your neck and then you just continue it with a normal braid. Tie the bottom with a no snag elastic band.

5. Repeat it on the other section of hair.

I leave mine in overnight and take it out in the morning and i get waves/curls! To keep the waves/curls for longer in my hair, I use the L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Supreme Hold and just spray a small amount into my hair and just run my fingers through my hair to make the waves/curls a bit more looser, whereas brushing through with a paddle brush would make it all come together.

If you do not want to do a dutch french braid, you can do a fishtail french braid which I have done before, however, it is more wavy than wavy/curly.

The end results should look like this or similar depending on the length of your hair and how thick/thin it is. I have really quite thick hair and it is quite long as it reaches my mid stomach-ish.



Thanks for reading!

Priti :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images