AFFORDABLE Foundations for Indian/Brown/Olive Skin Tones

5:30 AM


Now, I am not even exaggerating when I say that I struggle like crazy to find foundations that match my skin tone. This is because they either end up being too dark or too light & I can never find a shade which is in between (this results in me having to mix to foundations together). 

During the spring/summer, my skin tone gets a lot darker/tanner compared to how it is during autumn/winter time. This means that I end up having to use a foundation which is a few shades (not a lot) darker than the ones I use during winter time. As far as I am aware, I have a warm (yellow/golden) undertone. Before I found this out, my foundation would look grey/ashy on my skin which is why it is important to find what your undertone is to prevent this from happening. 

I thought that I would write a short blog post about what foundations that I personally like to use or have used in the past, are not that expensive and can be found at your nearest drugstore. Everything that I write are my own opinions.


  1. Meybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation '60 Caramel' - When it comes to foundation, I use the Meybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation in the colour '60 Caramel'. I use this in the summer and you literally do not need to apply so much because a little of this definitely goes a long way and it gives you quite a full coverage without looking overdone. Using a damp beauty blender, I gently dab the foundation on my skin so it's blended in and evened out onto my skin. This foundation leaves you with a satiny/slightly dewy look which I love during summer and it is also perfect for any special occasions e.g. weddings and parties. This can be found at your nearest Superdrug store or online and it is £7.99. 


2. No.7 Essentially Natural Foundation in 'Deeply Honey'. This is another foundation that I had purchased from Boots after they matched my skin tone and this had most definitely been my 'go-to' foundation 99.9% of the time ever since I picked this up for the first time 2 years ago! I wear this to college, special occasions and all sorts. The coverage is light/medium which is not too bad and it feels so light on your face that you can barely notice that it is there. Not only that, it gives you such a natural finish! It also has an SPF 15 so not only does it give your skin a flawless finish, but protects your skin from the sun too! This can be found at Boots for £9.95. 
(the photo below makes it seem although it is quite light for me, but that is because my face is lighter than my arms/hands)

3. No.7 Intelligent Colour Foundation in 'Medium'. The final foundation that is also my all time favourite is the No.7 Intelligent Colour Foundation and I have it in Medium. This is also a slightly darker shade than the one above but it is so useful for the summer. This foundation I find is more kind of 'velvety/moussy' (if that makes any sense), compared to the one above which is more liquid-y. Compared to the last 2 foundations I have talked about, I find this to be incredibly light on my skin and some of the foundations I have tried in the past give my face an orange-y kind of tinge and I end up looking like a dorito (I have learnt from my mistakes), which this foundation doesn't. It isn't a very heavy coverage and instead, it is quite a light coverage which is perfect for spring/summer when you want to go for the natural kind of look. This you can find at Boots for £15.50. Boots usually have a 3 for 2 on No.7 products too so I definitely take advantage of that.

~

I hope you liked reading this and be sure to put in the comments below your favourite foundations that you would recommend for Indian/Brown/Olive skin tones! 

Priti xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images