Eyebrow Threading | Is It Worth It?

10:48 AM

Hey guys!

(I do not own this image, but how perfect is this eyebrow?!?!?!)


So this post is based on something which I take care of a lot...my eyebrows! This is mainly because if I do not pluck or thread or do anything to them for literally around 2 weeks, they will grow very quickly.

I have always had very full and thick eyebrows. When I was younger, I never really cared to take care of them and looking back at photographs, I think 'what was I thinking?!' But hey! I was only a child back then. I began to properly start looking after my eyebrows at the beginning of Year 10. My aunt began to thread my eyebrows every 2-3 weeks and slowly I learnt how to thread them myself and since then, I have been taking care of my eyebrows since!

However, with threading, there are pros and cons! I will list some below and you can decide for yourself whether you think it is worth it or not!

PROS

  • You are able to be more precise about which areas around the eyebrow you want to remove hair from, this resulting in a more flawless and polished brow line.
  • It is quick and fast!
  • Regularly threading can lead to the hair follicle to become damaged, this meaning unwanted hair will eventually stop growing. (Small hairs around my eyebrows have stopped growing due to regularly threading which also means it takes less time to do)
  • Long lasting results! Threaded eyebrows can last up to 4-6 weeks, however I thread mine every 3 weeks!

CONS
  • If you have a low pain tolerance, you may find it slightly painful or uncomfortable!
  • If you go to a certain place to get your eyebrows threaded, they may be the only place where they are able to get your eyebrows shaped the same each time. Moving between places to places to get eyebrows threaded by different people could result in a different shape than before.
  • Can cause slight pink/redness above the eyebrow if you do have more sensitive skin.
~

I hope this post helped you in some way if you were thinking of getting your eyebrows threaded or if you just wanted to read up on it!

Have a lovely evening!

Priti :) xo

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Those eyebrows ARE perfect. I am super jealous of them. My aunt has been threading my eyebrows too but when she can't I have to trim them myself. My eyebrows too are very full and black and thick but I really love that about them. At first, I hated that but then I heard my friends with thin eyebrows complain about having to fill theirs in and then I started loving my eyebrows.

    thecollectionofknowledgeblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are perfect aren't they? When my aunt wasn't able to thread mine, I'd usually have to pluck for a quite a long time until she was able to. I can relate to that! I use to dislike my eyebrows because of the fact that they were very thick and full but I've also started to love my eyebrows too. :)

      Thank you for reading! :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried it but everyone seems to have their eyebrows threaded - I just wax! x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever gotten my eyebrows threaded! I've never tried waxing my eyebrows but I may give it a go sometime soon! :)

      Delete
  3. Nice post. It is very interesting article. I really love this. Thank you for the sharing. Eyebrow Threading in San Diego

    ReplyDelete

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images