My Ultimate Skin Care Secrets

2:36 PM


Earlier this week, FarFetch had got in contact with me and asked me if I was interested in sharing my skin care secrets. This got me thinking about how I could share all of my skincare secrets that I use which have helped tremendously over the years to keep my skin looking smooth and clear! It has been a case of trial and error with many different products but I have finally found quite a few which I now use on a regular basis.

If you know me, you'll know that I am not the greatest at remembering to do my skincare routine in the morning and the evenings & when I am asked by friends at college as to how I keep my skin looking so clear, I mainly just show them my most recent skincare routine because that was pretty much all I did in December/January time. But now at this point in time, the way that I keep my skin clear is by doing so many different things and using different products which I will talk to you all about in this! So without further ado, I am just going to get on with it.

Disclaimer: The products or methods that I talk about which work for me, may not necessarily work exactly the same for you as it will differ from person to person.

1. My first secret for having good skincare is to simply drink lots of water and stay hydrated. Making sure that you drink enough water and stay hydrated does wonders for your skin! I use to be the worst when it came to staying hydrated but ever since I have began drinking more water on a daily basis, my skin looks and feels so much better than it used to. Seriously, you will not believe the amount of times my mum has walked into my bedroom and has told me to take the empty water bottles from my dressing table to downstairs. 

2. My second secret for good skincare is Aveeno cream. I have raved about this quite a bit in my most recent skincare post and it is honestly one of my holy grails for when it comes to skincare and which I have not been able to let go of. I apply this in the morning and apply this in the evening after washing my face both times and it just leaves your skin feeling super soft and smooth! My sister used to suffer from mild eczema on her arms and ever since she has also been using this, it has cleared up completely so it's a yes from us. 

3. Now that the sun is finally beginning to show and the weather is getting warmer, suncream is a huge must as part of my skincare. This is because I tan like crazy, even if I am in the sun for an hour or two, I'll have turned a golden brown. It is so important to protect your skin against the sun and to also keep it moisturised. My all time favourite suncream has always been the Garnier Ambre Solaire Clear Protection Spray in SPF30 and the Garnier Ambre Solaire Protection Lotion in SPF30 purely because they are both non-greasy/oily when applied onto the skin and they have always helped to protect my skin when I am out in the sun for long periods of time. 

4. A product that myself and my sister have both been absolutely loving recently is the St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub which is a facial scrub. This scrub seriously leaves your face feeling so smooth and soft skin and it smells so lovely too! I tend to get oily skin around my nose and my 'T zone' so when I apply it, I tend to focus on those areas more and exfoliate more in those areas.

5. My next secret for maintaining good skincare is a home-made face mask/facial scrub which I have been using like crazy for the past 2 months ever since I read about it on the internet and it just leaves my skin feeling so soft. To make this facial scrub, all you need is a lemon and sugar. Both sugar and lemon have great benefits for the skin. Lemon is good for evening out your skin tone as well as getting rid of acne blemishes and removing dead skin cells. Sugar is also good for evening out skin tones and exfoliating the skin. To get the juice, I squeeze half a lemon into a small glass bowl. Usually when I use half a lemon, I add in 1 and a half tablespoons of sugar and mix until it makes almost like a exfoliating paste which has a thick/medium consistency. I then just gently massage and exfoliate it onto my face however it can be used on the body too, then rinse with cold water and pat my face dry with a clean flannel or towel and then apply a good moisturiser which won't dry out my skin.

6. Wanting to find ways of getting rid of puffy under eye bags? Put two spoons into a freezer overnight and then just place the spoons over your eyes for around 30 seconds to a minute. This method can help to fade the dark circles and get rid of the puffiness. Slices of cucumber placed over your eyes can also help to reduce puffiness!

7. I have been browsing FarFetch recently and if you are not familiar with FarFetch and what they offer, it is a website which sells a range of things from designer clothing, jewellery and beauty products to men's and children's wear and accessories. After have a look on their website, I have completely fell in love with everything they have ranging from fashion to beauty to accessories and jewellery. I have had my eye on some products from the beauty section which I found might definitely help for when it comes to skincare. Some of the products that I really liked and would also have as part of my skincare routine are listed below:


~

So these are my ultimate skincare secrets! I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoying writing it and talking about what my ultimate skincare secrets are and also what I think would be great to have as part of your skincare regime from FarFetch! A huge thank you to FarFetch for inviting me to share my skincare secrets aswell! Until next time!

Love, Priti xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images