Hello 2015

3:14 AM

Hey guys!

So I hope you all have had a great New Years! So 2014 is now over and I find it hard to believe that it is 2015 already and we are now already on the 6th January! 

I'm definitely going to make this year a lot better than 2014 so let's hope this year is a great one!

Rather than saying that they are New Year Resolutions, I have set myself some goals for 2015 which I am starting or continuing on from 2014 because I want to keep it up for as long as possible, a few of which will be ones that I am carrying on. A lot of these are mainly long term goals which I have set for myself and I know that they won't be easy, but I am determined to carry them out and keep them going!


~

1. Blog a lot more than I did in 2014
Blogging is one of those things I am really enjoying ever since I started back in June 2014. I feel as though it's a place where I can express myself in several ways, whether it be makeup looks (I am in the process of writing so many!), or lifestyle related posts similar to my Overcoming Insecurities post which I written back in October 2014 (you can read it here). I feel as though I have a lot to express, but it takes me a while to process it so I can write it down properly, this is why I have 33 blog posts published, but over 15 unpublished because I am in the middle of writing these!. But hey, you learn as you go along! 

2. Overcome my insecurities + Become more confident
I have been insecure about myself for as long as I can remember. I was a happy child from Primary school until around Year 8 in Secondary school. Something changed then about how I began to feel and see myself and I can state quite a few reasons as to what caused that change. Over the past two years, I have managed to slowly overcome those insecurities, but there are still a lot of days where I feel self conscious which does upset me. Recently, I have just been tired of feeling insecure about myself and my lack of confidence in certain situations. I know that it can't happen instantly overnight, but my goal for 2015 is to learn to become content with myself as well as grow my confidence, speak up for myself a lot more and just be happy and positive like I was in primary school. 

3. Become fitter & healthier
This was included in my Health and Fitness post I had written. But I am wanting to become a lot healthier and fitter in 2015 and for the long term of my life. This includes exercising a lot as well as starting to eat healthier.This doesn't mean completely stopping eating junk food, just cutting down a lot more and eating a lot more healthier foods. I have been working out since September 2013 but there tends to be times where I stop really quickly or slowly begin to start stopping. This year I want to be able to keep working out at least 5 out of the 7 days of the week and hopefully keep it up in the long run and not stop!

4. Become better at make-up 
Make-up is one of the things that my blog is about, however, I feel as though I haven't written any make-up look posts, mainly because it does take me quite a long time to get everything prepared and write step-by-step instructions as to how I did a certain look or eye look. This is why I have been considering doing videos for how I do a certain look and I have been considering this for a very long time but I just can't bring myself to do them. Maybe sometime this year!

5. Be open to more opportunities
In 2014, I had a lot of opportunities given to me, whether these were from family to go off and do things with other family members or cousins or since I started my blog and had gotten emails to try new things. However, I was quick to say no because I would end up thinking 'what if something goes wrong'. This year, I have decided to become more open to trying and taking part in new opportunities. And instead of thinking 'what if something goes wrong', I have been told by a very close cousin of mine that 'I should always think about the positive side of any opportunities I am given because I never know when it could change my life'. And it definitely does make me think 'what if I did take the opportunities I was given back in 2014?'

6. Save up!!!
If you know me really well, you would know that I prefer to save my money rather than spend it and over the years ever since I was 5 leading up to now, I have been given money for Christmas, my birthday, Diwali, Raksha Bandhan as well as money from doing things around the house. And I have been saving saving saving by putting all of these into a piggy bank I have, despite me being incredibly tempted to spend it at certain times, I am so glad I did decide to save over the years because something I want to do when I turn 18 is travel and visit a new place, whether this be with a friend or a cousin! And because I have been saving up since the age of 5, it definitely has given me a lot of time to save up as well as me still having 2 more years to go! Something which is on my wishlist to hopefully buy this year is a new camera so I can take better quality photographs for my blog. The camera I am hoping to buy is mainly the Canon 1100D or 7D which I have been wanting for quite a long time.

7. It's not the end of the world
This I included in my 14 Things I Learnt in 2014 post. Recently, I have drifted apart from friends of 11-14 years and if I am honest, I am fine with it! This also applies for school. One bad grade is not the end of the world and you have your whole life ahead of you and the world has so many opportunities to offer to you. You just have to seize them at the right moment!



~

I hope you enjoyed reading this post and also have a great 2015! What New Year's goals have you set yourself? I'd love to know! 

Priti :) xo



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Great resolutions - I really want to get fitter and healthier too and overcome insecurities is a big one for me too. I did a resolution post too if you're interested:

    Beth // Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) They are two of my main goals! I'll have a read now! :) x

      Delete
  2. Great post! I also have the resolution to blog more too! Lets hope we achieve them lol xxx

    www.allyouneedisredlipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I might make a schedule this time round again and stick to it! Let's hope we do!! :) x

      Delete

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images