Farewell 2014!

12:33 PM


Hey guys!

So it's been longer than I usually would write a post, but I have been soooo busy this Christmas, however I have managed to find time to write one! I also hope you all had an incredible Christmas with your family and friends!

This is a follow-up post to my previous post I did called '14 Things I Learnt in 2014' which you can read here if you haven't done so.




2014 is almost over, tomorrow is New Year's Eve and another chapter is coming to a close... 

...and as I'm writing this post, I'm reminiscing this year all over again and I cannot believe how fast this year has actually gone. You could say I have an equal amount of positive memories and negative memories from this year, it's basically been an emotional roller coaster of incredible good moments and some rather crappy moments. There have been times where I have felt incredibly emotional or so confused or many days where I just feel really down. But from all of this, 2014 as well as 2013 have been incredibly eye opening, both positively and negatively, as well as unforgettable in a positive way. So much has happened and I have found out that there is a lot more to people and the world than meets the eye. 

BUT, despite it all, I have decided to end this year on a positive note rather than a negative note and I am actually sort of glad that everything that has happened this year, happened. 

At the start of this year, I decided to continue my education at college after completing my GCSE's and I'll admit, I was terrified because I had no clue who out my friends would be going and if I would make friends on the course I am doing, the reason being that I am very shy and I find it difficult to introduce myself to new people and present myself out there. This also adds onto one of my 2015 goals which is to become more confident and learn to be content with myself and who I am. I have so many different ideas and creations, I want to be able to put my ideas and opinions out there and even if people do not agree, I want them to give constructive criticism in ways in which I can improve! 

But since I started in September, I have made quite a few friends as well as still being friends with my friends from my previous school because I found out they were attending the same college as me too! I have learnt great lessons and I have found out that people who you'd think would stay in your life forever, won't. No matter how close you are or were. And I'm so okay with that! I have found that eventually, friends go down different paths and make different friends and so do you.


Page 364 of 365. Are you ready to close this book?


If I am being honest, I cannot wait for 2015 to begin. Yes, 2014 has been good, but I would love for 2015 to be 1000x better than this year has been. And I don't really do new years resolutions, instead I've set myself goals for 2015. A few of these being that I am definitely going to write more blog posts a lot more often and improve the content that I am writing about as well as stop procrastinating with things and a lot more! But if I just say it in general, I want 2015 to be a positive and happy year. I also want to be able to be open to more opportunities and say YES to them! 
Whilst scrolling through my Tumblr (which you can follow here *shameless promotion of my social media*), I came across one of the people I am following, reblogged this post, which I absolutely loved and I found that it is definitely relevant! Despite me not having new years resolutions for myself.

1. Less Internet, more spontaneity.

2. Read more books, ones you haven’t read yet.

3. Do not skip any classes (unless truly ill).

4. Eat an apple a day.

5. Do all assignments, even if they’re not graded.

6. Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night.

7. Maintain exercising. You can do it.
8. No ramen. Try to eliminate processed food. Everything in moderation.
9. Get junk food if you must, but focus on pretzels, Skinny Pop, or Pirate’s Booty.
10. Tell at least one bad pun a day.
11. Keep in touch with high school friends.
12. Make more friends and actually hang out with them.
13. If you spend lots of money on food, make sure you bought the ingredients for a magnificent meal.
14. Take more pictures. Life moves fast, try not to forget all of it.
15. Do more things that terrify you. Things you never thought you would do. You will not get anywhere if you don’t do things that scare you.
16. Call your family more often. Remember they’re getting older too.
17. Always ask if people want your opinion before you give it.
18. Before you open your mouth to complain about a person or situation, take a deep breath and remember that things could always be worse. Is complaining going to fix anything?
19. Remember that you’re allowed to be upset sometimes, and that’s okay. But when you’re sad, don’t sit around mad and mope. Go outside and remind yourself about how big the universe is.
20. Smile, and mean it when you do.
21. Sing more often. You’re good and it makes you happy.
22. Let it go.
23. Follow all of these goals. Otherwise they’re meaningless.
—  my new years resolutions (2014), L.M


~


"Page 364/365. You are nearly finished. Would you buy book 2014 again? If not, make 2015 bestseller."



~

I hope you all enjoyed reading this post as well as having enjoyed 2014. This post has definitely been quite a long one, but I don't really mind!

 And if you have struggled this year, but you have managed to make through another year, I am so proud of you! :)

My next post will most likely be in the New Year, so I hope all of you have a great New Year's!

How has 2014 treated you?

~

Priti :) xo


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images