Tips | Health & Fitness

9:20 AM

Hey guys!

It's definitely been a while since I last updated due to me being a lot more busy than usual but I managed to squeeze in a post!

I thought I would do a sort of Health & Fitness sort of post and share some ways in which I maintain my health.




Now if you know me, you'll know that I'm not super super healthy and I'm not one of those people who will work out every single day and eat healthy, but I do try to include fruits and vegetables into what I eat daily and maintain my daily intake. I thought this would be a fun post to write!

There are days where I feel like eating nothing more than pizza, crisps and chocolate. And there are days where I wake up feeling incredibly motivated and I eat nothing but healthy foods all day. I managed to go a whole summer without eating any junk food! 



~

I thought I could share some ways I like to maintain my health and fitness! 

~
1. I saw this picture on Tumblr which I thought I could share with you and give you an idea of what different teas do. I usually have the black tea and the occasional green tea although I will definitely have to try the Chamomile, White and Hibiscus tea one day!


~


2. When it comes to fitness, I have been slacking recently this year since the middle of summer! I started working out around late September 2013 and I remember sticking to it right up until maybe through the middle of Summer. Although I really need to up my game in 2015 and make sure I stick to it. 

Now that I am in college, I find it hard to balance working out and doing assignments, however I do manage to get some work outs in between. I only really do core workouts rather than legs as well, but like I said before, I am certainly slacking and I need to begin again in 2015. 

Because I don't go to the gym, I like to use apps so I can do workouts in the comfort of my home! The apps I use are:

  • PumpUp (available for both Android and iOS)
  • S Health (Android)
To use PumpUp, all you really need to do is sign up! You can create your own personalised workouts and save them so you can use them again and again. E.g. one of the workouts I have saved on the app is the 'Quick Full Body Blaster' and it is 30 minutes long for when I am in a rush and I don't have an more than an hour to do a work out. 

S Health is a fitness tracker for Android which is already pre-installed. I use the Pedometer on it which tracks every step I take during the day and the goal for the number of steps you should take is 10,000 (which I haven't even came close to). The most number of steps I have took are (I had to check this on the logs) 5927 steps! 



~



3. I definitely love finding new healthy drinks to create and one of my all time favourite Instagram accounts which I guarantee you'll love is called 'detoxpage'. You can look through their Instagram here.

What I love about this Instagram page is that it has so many different recipes and healthy food/snack ideas which you can create! I especially LOVE looking at the smoothie recipes they post and creating them at home! They turn out so delicious!






Some of my favourites I have saved because I have recreated them in the past and absolutely loved are:

Mango Tango Smoothie: http://instagram.com/p/u5mIZNLtYM/?modal=true

Orange, Mint and Blueberry Infused Water: http://instagram.com/p/tXoxBvLtRR/?modal=true

Icy Orange+Lemon+Lime Slushie: http://instagram.com/p/o8Xa1QLtTS/?modal=true

Raspberry, Lemon & Mint Detox Water: http://instagram.com/p/sRvHeYrtf9/?modal=true

Blood Orange-Raspberry: http://instagram.com/p/rnXw1qLtVn/?modal=true

You can find many more recipes on their Instagram page.



~

I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it! I managed to find some time to write this with me being so busy recently! 

I'll definitely be sure to update more frequently once I am finished with my assignments!

Thank you for reading and have a great weekend!

~

Priti :) xo 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love that tea picture, so useful to know all that information about tea!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It is really useful!
      I will definitely try the three I stated one day!
      Thank you for reading! :)

      Delete

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images